The Remarkability Formula for Filmmakers with Rich Brooks
Today Rich Brooks from Flyte New Media joins me to discuss how to separate yourself from your competition by looking at your business through four lenses… Find, Focus, Forge, and Frame. We dig deeper into forging new ways to stand out by doing things outside your normal services while still staying in line with your mission.
We also discuss when is the right time to grow your business and how to make it an attractive place for people to want to work there. If you want to grow your business and stand out amongst the noise then this episode is for you!
- Offering services outside your normal scope is a great way to get noticed.
- Becoming a thought leader will help you get found.
- You want to attract the right type of client and not everyone is the right client.
- Reframing your business offering can help you stand out.
About Rich Brooks
Rich Brooks is founder and president of Flyte New Media, a digital agency in Portland, Maine, that’s been in business for nearly 25 years. He is a nationally recognized speaker on entrepreneurship, digital marketing, and social media.
He founded The Agents of Change, an annual conference and weekly podcast that focuses on search, social & mobile marketing.
Rich is the author of The Lead Machine: The Small Business Guide to Digital Marketing, a popular and well-received book that helps entrepreneurs and marketers reach more of their ideal customers online.
He appears regularly as the “tech guru” on the evening news show, 207, which airs on the NBC affiliates in Maine. He has also appeared in Inc. Magazine, The Huffington Post, FastCompany.com, CNN.com, the Social Media Examiner, and many other news sources for stories on digital marketing.
In This Episode
- How social media has evolved over time [06:31]
- Reasons for growing your business and how to make attract the right people [08:18]
- Growth can mean many different things [11:36]
- The remarkability formula and the four lenses to examine your business [12:20]
- What is an extrinsic offering [15:49]
- How to find an extrinsic offering that stays in line with your mission and goals [18:18]
- Reframing your business to stand out [31:20]
- Investing in your brand is a worthwhile investment [35:00]
- What does Flyte New Media offer and how to get in touch [37:31]
“What makes you unique? I feel that when you go through this process what you end up with is a very clear understanding of who your ideal customer is and how to create high barriers to competition, and then also when you’ve done this work and makes your marketing so much easier and more effective.” [14:01]
“Sometimes doing something novel only lasts a little bit. Like you only have the front runner status for only so long and then everybody’s doing it. But other times, because you are the first, that actually lasts a long time.” [29:49]
“Start inside, but don’t be afraid to collaborate, and don’t be afraid to hire a professional that’s within your budget.” [37:21]
FREE Workshop Available "How to Consistently Earn Over $100k Per Year in Video Production
While Working Less Than 40 Hours Per Week"
Get the ASCEND Method Cheat Sheet
Register for the Onward Summit (October 2022)
Follow Ryan Koral on Instagram
Follow Grow Your Video Business on Instagram
What’s your question for the podcast? Share a video or audio response!