Why Being Self-Aware Is Crucial to Ongoing Success with Nick Nanton
On this week’s episode, Nick Nanton, 22-Time Emmy Award winning Director and Producer, tells us how important it is to have those big dreams and goals but also why you need to be realistic with your next step.
He drops some wisdom on how to be more self-aware and how that will help you connect with more people both through the lens and with clients and colleagues. He also talks about the importance of having a solid team around you so you can focus on the things that you are uniquely gifted at.
- Building momentum is the key to getting things done
- Have big dreams but also set smaller goals that will make you happy
- Stay in your lane and build a team around you to do the rest
- Everyone has a unique story to tell
About Nick Nanton
From the slums of Port au Prince Haiti with special forces raiding a sex trafficking ring and freeing children to the Virgin Galactic Space Port in Mojave with Sir Richard Branson, 22-Time Emmy Award Winning Director/Producer, Nick Nanton, has become known for telling stories that connect. Why? Because he focuses on the most fascinating subject in the world: PEOPLE.
As a storyteller and Best-Selling Author, Nick has shared his message with millions of people through his documentaries, speeches, blogs, lectures, and best-selling books. Nick’s book StorySelling hit the Wall Street Journal Best-Seller list and is available on Audible as an audio book. Nick has directed more than 60 documentaries and a sold out Broadway Show (garnering 43 Emmy nominations in multiple regions and 22 wins), including:
- DREAM BIG: Rudy Ruettiger LIVE on Broadway
- Visioneer: The Peter Diamandis Story
- Rudy Ruettiger: The Walk On
- Operation Toussaint
- The Rebound
Nick has shared the stage, co-authored books, and made films featuring:
- Larry King
- Dick Vitale
- Kenny Chesney
- Charles Barkley
- Coach Mike Krzyzewksi
- Jack Nicklaus
- Tony Robbins
- Steve Forbes
- Sir Richard Branson
- Dean Kamen
- Ray Kurzweil
- Lisa Nichols
- Peter Diamandis
- And many more
Nick specializes in bringing the element of human connection to every viewer, no matter the subject. He is currently directing and hosting the series “In Case You Didn’t Know” (Season 1 Executive produced by Larry King), featuring legends in the worlds of business, entrepreneurship, personal development, technology, and sports.
In This Episode
- Creatives need to make a good living so they can make bigger and better things [3:11]
- It’s important to have big dreams but you need to have realistic expectations [5:46]
- Momentum is hard to build but it’s crucial in getting to your dreams [12:17]
- Nick's greatest superpower [14:46]
- Branding is nothing more than good storytelling [17:01]
- When you realize your message is more important than yourself, that’s when breakthrough happens [20:52]
“You were probably born into this world with innate gifts that were probably beaten out of you for 13 to 15 to 17 years, in college, or undergrad, or grad school. l and all we really need to do is look to what are those things that were beaten out of us that we are really gifted at when we were 0-5 like how do we get back to just doing those things.” [8:19]
“Literally all we get is this journey, so like try to find a way to enjoy it and try to set milestones and goals that will make you happy when you achieve them because you haven’t placed yourself outside the realm of possibility.” [13:59]
FREE Workshop Available "How to Consistently Earn Over $100k Per Year in Video Production
While Working Less Than 40 Hours Per Week"
Get the ASCEND Method Cheat Sheet
Register for the Onward Summit (October 2022)
Follow Ryan Koral on Instagram
Follow Grow Your Video Business on Instagram
What’s your question for the podcast? Share a video or audio response!