Overcoming Imposter Syndrome
This week things get real…and real vulnerable on this week's episode of the Grow Your Video Business Podcast. If you’re a creative, a business owner, or just a human being, you’ve probably experienced the beast we all know and loathe…imposter syndrome. Ryan shares his best practices for overcoming imposter syndrome and finding success over the last two decades. Ryan also shares 3 takeaways that he has learned from mastermind groups that will help you move the needle in your business and get where you want to be.
- There’s no right moment to start your business, you should focus on creating a solid foundation and get things going from there.
- Create a mindset where you are focused on being the most helpful person you can be.
- You only achieve success by surrounding yourself with people that want you to succeed as much as you do.
In this Episode
- Intro [00:05]
- My mastermind [02:28]
- When I first started in the business [05:46]
- My experience with The Video Business Academy [13:48]
- My experience with podcasting [16:08]
- How’s the foundation of your business? [17:03]
- My 1st big takeaway [23:52]
- Don’t be afraid to share your success [27:09]
- Don’t wait for your demo reel [30:37]
- My biggest takeaway [31:54]
- A takeaway recap [35:16]
[12:56 - 13:07] "The world needs your gift. The world needs your talents. And if you hold back and you're waiting for the right time or the right moment, you're doing a disservice to the world."
[25:56 - 26:05] "Because if you can serve them super well, they're going to be able to introduce you to somebody that's like them, that would resonate with you and with your brand."
[31:00 - 31:30] "Picture one of your most favorite projects from six months ago or a year ago, five years ago, whatever. How does that compare with what you're doing today? It doesn't compare. You're like, oh my gosh, I can't believe that we thought that was our best piece ever. You know, it was like, it's embarrassing. Right? We all feel like that. So, the thing that you might perfect today, in a week, in a month - whatever - at some point, it's not going to be good enough anymore."
Get the ASCEND Method Cheat Sheet
Join the Grow Your Video Business Facebook Group
Follow Ryan Koral on Instagram
Follow Grow Your Video Business on Instagram
What’s your question for the podcast? Share a video or audio response!
If you haven't already, we'd love it if you would take 1 minute to leave us a review on iTunes!